Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I Feel a New Name Coming On



Underneath my blog's web address, blog names pop up, like babies.  I'm on, like, my fourth one?  They disappear and I forget them.  Only one I remember is Waking Up Every Day.  Must have been my favorite baby.   Way back, five years ago, one blog name, Post Widowhood sufficed, if I remember correctly.

Kissing the Air might pop up.  Or maybe Real is in Here Someplace

What's in a name?  Everything.  All redirect my attention.  All set my intention.   Each take a shot at some sacred cow living inside my head.   And to this sacred cow, each says

Don't get your knickers in a twist, my dear

PostWidowhood is a jab at Post Season angst, if you've ever wondered.

Flawlessly Ordinary takes a jab at a particular sacred cow I grew up with.  It may also be a message our culture perpetuates:

"You, my dear, feel left out, because you are left out.  Why?  Because you are...ordinary.   Only extraordinary people of extraordinary deeds deserve attention and respect." 

Flawlessly Ordinary takes aim at this asinine belief that ranks people.  Whether it made any sense to you, it inspired me.

It'll stay up there until my knickers stop getting in a twist when someone acts superior to another.  Do people realize the damage they do acting superior?  Far too many people feel ashamed of themselves because they believe people can be ranked. If I or someone feels they need to recruit another to their point of view because it's superior...

Uh, oh.  I am feeling contractions.  Some name for this blog is pressing to come out.

The fellow leading the seminar last Saturday, planted a little seed.

"You don't get out of here alive."  We all agree, no?

Well, Dr. Alexander now believes, after his Near Death Experience:

"Nobody gets out of here dead."

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

These he also said, and I do agree...
"We're conscious in spite of our brain."
"Hardships are gifts."
"Just as all politics is local, all spirituality is local."
"Souls arrive knowing they will be dumbed down."
"We're here to play by the universe's rules, not our own rules."

But this one? 
"Nobody gets out of here dead"

9 comments:

  1. "Nobody gets out of here dead?" Depends on how you define a soul. There's the "church" version and the New Age version. I forgot how many ounces you lose at the exact moment of death but some people believe that is due to the soul leaving the body. I tend to fall into this New Age thinking which leaves open the theory that when the soul leaves it becomes part of Mother Earth's energy force to float around the universe from an hour to a million years, before it finds itself planted into a newborn, a blade of grass or drop of water.

    Do you have any Native American blood in your veins? Some tribes liked to rename themselves from time to time. It will be interesting what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your theory, which has been around a very, very long time, incidently, so is both Old Age and New. I believe in my heart that we become part of Mother Earth's energy force and aren't extinguishable. Looking down at my body to believe I house a soul who dumbed down to be me is cracks me up. ?Evidently?... someone a lot older than me, who's been around the block a few times or more, is residing in me and is currently whispering: live life for all. I never quite understood its implications until he said "Nobody gets out of here dead." Human experience is my teacher, and I have the wrong glasses on if I allow my life history to recruit my will.

    Hah! I ought to take the DNA test. Ancestors have been on these shores so long we could both have Native American blood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean...looking down at myself, imagining a soul had to dumb down to fit inside, cracks me up.

      Delete
  3. Personally, I am going to leave this earth dead. I am not going to float around the ether, nor am I going to come back as a cat or another human being. I have my final trip planned. Absent from the body, present with the Lord." I take a lot of stock in what I read in the Bible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, I just interpret it differently, that some of it's filtered through people who see dimly what we will soon see face to face. Since you believe you're going to be present with the Lord, isn't he in heaven - that ether? If the Holy Spirit is female - just sayin' - I'll vote for H.S. being Mother Earth. (I think St. Francis said something about that, but don't quote me.) 'You' won't get out of here dead, sorry - only your body will. At least that's the point E.A. is making. Gosh, if we could only know. In this dumbed down version of ourselves, some part of us knows!

      Coming back might be OUR choice. You're going to stay an angel, Judy!

      Delete
  4. I did take the DNA test. I just got an email saying my sample just went into the lab. Can't wait for the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a name for my blog. It used to be Cul-de-sac Chronicles, but we moved. I could have left it the same because we still live on a cup-de-sac, but I wanted to change it. I couldn't think of anything so I just put Bella Rum up there and thought I change it when I could think of something clever. So far, nothing has popped into my brain. Maybe your post will get me thinking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella! I note you inadvertently wrote you currently live on a cup-de-sac. The wit and humor in Cup-de-sac Chronicles has me laughing, picturing myself landing in a cup of hot? water, but maybe that's just me ;-D In any case, good luck on your quest!

      Delete